Okay, so this is a linkup hosted by Paperfury and Further Up and Further In where you answer questions about your characters. I recently found this over on Victoria Grace Howell's blog, you can find the link to that post here: http://storitorigrace.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/beautiful-people-13-caleb.html
I thought it looked fun, so here we go.
I chose the main character from my new currently untitled WIP, Helen Cambria.
1. They’re in a crisis: who would they really like to see right now?
Her brother, Hector or her best friend, Edmund.
2. Are they easy to get along with?
Helen can be difficult, simply because she tends to push people away a lot. But once you do make friends with her, you’ll likely get on very well and she will be eternally loyal to you.
3. Who was the last person they had a deep conversation with?
4. They’re in the middle of a huge crowd of people: how do they feel?
Helen would feel comfortable, as she would feel more hidden and able to carry out her objective.
5. Do they believe in luck or miracles?
She doesn’t believe in either.
6. Do they like and get along with their neighbors?
She lives in one of the roughest parts of Layabout (Liverpool), but she is on friendly terms with a lot of her neighbours (where she lives this mostly amounts to not turning them into the police).
7. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?
She’d go to Greece, because she loves Greek mythology and history.
8. How do they feel about their body?
She doesn’t really care either way. She’s aware that she’s underweight, due to malnourishment, so she rarely worries about fat. She doesn’t think she’s particularly pretty, but doesn’t really care about it.
9. What is the cruellest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
The cruellest thing anyone ever said to her….well, she’s been insulted a lot, due to her abusive upbringing and where she grew up but it probably hurt the most when Deirdre, someone she believed was her friend, said that she couldn’t possibly be friends with a poverty-stricken illiterate. She reacted by punching her, then crying in a hole somewhere that no one could find her in.
10. What’s the kindest thing someone has ever said to them? How did they react?
When Carlisle told her that she was beautiful and that he would teach her to read.